Publishing a project
To preview a page, click the “eye” icon on the top bar.
In the preview mode, you can see how your website will appear on different devices. To do this, select the desired breakpoints from the drop-down list on the Top bar.
When publishing your project, the website you have created will be placed on the open Internet. You can publish the website on a Taptop subdomain or connect a custom domain.
By default, the project is published on the Taptop subdomain (for example, https://name.taptop.site). You can also connect a custom domain. To do this, go to the Project settings via the menu in the Top bar.
For more details, see: Connect custom domain.
To publish your project:
- Make sure you have saved it (find a green check mark). The project is automatically saved every 10 seconds. You can wait for automatic save or press Ctrl+S to save the project.
- Click on Publish on the Top Bar.
- Toggle the slider to connect your project to domain specified in the settings in the Dashboard (Taptop subdomain or a custom domain).
- A list of pages with Unpublished changes is displayed below. In order for all the necessary web pages to be published, click on the Publish button next to each page in the list. Clicking the button will take you to the corresponding page.
- After publishing, click on the link in the Publish destination section to view the published website.